MUYSA has a No Child Left Out/Behind Policy to assure that all children who wish to participate in our programs are provided the opportunity to do so, regardless of financial hardship or constraints. MUYSA's ability to do this is mostly funded by our parents who add donations when registering their own children. Some parents donate very generously, but even many small $5 donations, and donating back the family discount if the family doesn't need it, add up and we very much appreciate ALL of the parent donations to help support those in need of assistance in our community.
Here is MUYSA's process for those who need financial assistance:
- Decide what you think that you are/will be able to pay, and want to try to pay, and how you want to try to pay it. You can invent any payment plan that you want, including full scholarship.
- Login to the website and register (please do so before the registration deadline)
- When registering, you can pay a deposit up front if there is an amount you can/want to pay. Or you can choose to pay by check which leaves your balance open. If you want to and believe you are able to pay some amount, you can login at any time through the end of the season to make payments or send in checks of any amount at any time.
- Send an email to our Registrar ([email protected]) with the scholarship amount that you are requesting which absolutely could be a full scholarship if that is what is needed. You do not need to explain your difficulties or details of any your personal payment plan should you have thought of one. The registrar will apply the scholarship in the system.
- If you wanted to pay an amount and later find that you are/were unable to, at any time you can send a message to the registrar asking for a change in scholarship.
In case this information helps, here are some of the costs to MUYSA and/or parents to consider:
- MUYSA must insure every player for $17, once for the entire soccer year: August through July, covering Fall and Spring. This is the only direct per single player cost to MUYSA
- Shin guards are required but can be obtained for $10 or less
- Cleats are recommended for safety when playing on wet or loose fields/surfaces
- Starting in U8, it is recommended, and in U10 required, to bring your own soccer ball to activities. A donation or season loaner may be available but not guaranteed
- In Travel (grades 3+), players are required to have a uniform: MUYSA jersey, black shorts and socks, and this cost is not part of our registration. If a jersey is needed, the cost could be around $35 and if a full uniform is needed the cost could be as much as $70 total. Some donation or loaner jerseys may be available but not guaranteed.