Mendon-Upton Youth Soccer
Association (MUYSA) Meeting Minutes
Feb. 3, 2004

 

Present: Don Morin, Ken Perregaux, Mark Fitzgerald, Gene Peterman, Mike Poe, Paul Moruzzi, Artie DiGregorio, Mark Murray, Tony Adcock, Hank Eaton, Sue Hamilton, Valerie Sumner, Chris Wojtowicz, Peter Bloznalis, Rich Mayzel, Bob Dumas, Stephan Talon, Keith Jackson, Brian Mazar.

The Meeting was called to order at 7:20 PM.

Approval of the January Minutes was tabled until the next meeting.

Don Morin, MAYS Coordinator, reported that rosters and pass cards for players and coaches are due February 8, 2004. All coaches are asked to get final roster changes to him as soon as possible. It was noted that registration for the U6, U7 & U8 programs is open until March 15, 2004. Sue Hamilton will place an ad in the local paper to that effect.

Ken Perregaux, MUYSA President, announced that the March Practice Schedule for the Miscoe Hill Gym was full. Coaches are asked to contact Ken with any cancellations so that others may be scheduled to use the facility.

Mark Fitzgerald gave an update for Mike Brodeur, MUYSA Educational Director, that MUYSA is sponsoring a coaches “G License Course” (4 hour course). The course will be held on March 27th, from 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM at the Miscoe Hill Lower Gym. This is an introductory course with no prior coaching experience necessary. Please find sign up information on our website at www.muysa.org. It was also noted that a coaches “F License Course” (8 hour course) is being offered in Grafton, on March 13th, from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, at the High School. Mark Fitzgerald has scheduled the Vacation Days Soccer Clinic for Thursday, February 19, from 8:00 – 11:00 AM at The Bubble in Milford. Gary Crompton, Harvard University soccer coach, will be running the clinic. Please find sign up information on our website at www.muysa.org.

Chris Wojtowicz, MUYSA Referee Coordinator, stated that he plans to have a refresher course for all referees during March at Miscoe Hill (date & time to be announced). Chris stated that he would be continuing the coach’s referee feedback form program for the spring season.

Don Morin gave an update for Ed Mullarkey, Grover Field Coordinator. Currently he is awaiting bids for the installation of the electrical service for the irrigation system. There was discussion regarding the moving of nets from Kiwanis to Grover field. Don will coordinate with Ed and Mark Fitzgerald. Mark reminded everyone that Kiwanis Beach field would be offline in the spring for repairs. He also stated that the West River Street project is planned to undergo construction in the spring of 2004.
Field Coordinators for the spring season are as follows:

Grover Field - Ed Mullarkey - U12, U14 & U16
Miscoe Hill - Mark Murray - U10
Hood Field - Fran Soucey (?)- U6, U7 & U8

Ken will contact Fran Soucey to confirm Field Coordinator position.

Mark Fitzgerald opened a discussion regarding MUYSA purchasing T-Shirts for the players of the U6 & U7 programs annually. Don Morin made a motion for MUYSA to purchase T-Shirts once a year, in the fall, for the players of the U6 & U7 programs. Mark Fitzgerald seconded the motion. There was a lengthy general discussion that followed. Don Morin withdrew the motion. It was agreed that Don, as Treasurer, would present, at a later date, the expense costs per age group. This would enable the membership to better understand and justify future expenditures on behalf of specific age groups.

Mark Murray opened a discussion regarding player’s individual names on the back of the jerseys. There was a general discussion that followed. No motions were made and the discussion was closed.

Mark Murray, MUYSA Scholarship Committee, reported that he would be in contact with the High School regarding the availability of scholarship applications for the graduating class. He will update us at the next meeting.

Ken Perregaux passed out a proposed division of responsibilities for the Registrar and the Database Manager. After a general discussion it was agreed that the current Registrar’s position be divided as follows:

Database Manager Responsibilities:
- Maintain the registration database
- Organize and distribute database information to the Officers
- Distribute player information to Age Group Coordinators
- Registration form collection from the PO Box

Registrar Responsibilities:
- Communication with the Database Manager concerning registrations
- Day to day communication with the officers, coordinators, coaches and parents regarding meetings and other important dates
- Answer the “Hotline”, which includes either dealing with the issues or giving them to someone who can take care of the issue
- Maintain email list obtained from the Database Manager, to be used for meeting reminders etc.

Ken made a motion to accept the responsibilities of the Database Manager and the Registrar as outlined. Mark Fitzgerald seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously. Artie DiGregorio will update the By Laws as needed.

There was a general discussion about electronic registration for the future. Hank Eaton will look into this and report back to the club.

Don Morin mentioned that he had received a copy of a Parent’s Soccer Education Handbook. Anyone wishing to review this Handbook please see Don. There was a discussion regarding passing out educational material to parents on a regular basis. The matter was tabled for future discussion.

Don Morin presented a proposed MUYSA logo to be on the next purchase of soccer balls from the Soccer Spot. The plan is to provide all players, U10 and above, in the MUYSA program with an individual ball. Players would be responsible for bringing their own ball to each practice and game. The matter was tabled for future discussion.

Don Morin reported that he received a request for a donation from the “After the Prom Party Committee”. There was a general discussion regarding the club policy and requests for donations. It was agreed that Artie DiGregorio would present some language for the future consideration to the By Laws to address this issue. Mark Fitzgerald made a motion that MUYSA donate $50.00 to the “After the Prom Party Committee”. Mike Poe seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously with one (1) abstention.

Peter Bloznalis opened discussion regarding a Fall U10 travel program. Ken Perregaux mentioned that this would be a topic for discussion at the March meeting. The matter was tabled until the next meeting.

The next MUYSA meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, March 2, 2004 at 7:15 PM at the Rose Garden, Upton, MA.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 PM.


| Home | Club Info | Registration | Policies | Sponsors | Calendar | Faq's |
| Photo Album | Schedule | Links | Field Schedule |

Design & Hosting
provided by:
Quiknet Communications
Mendon, MA

Revised: 3/28/2003