Mendon Upton Youth Soccer Association
Meeting Minutes July
Meeting Date: July 5th, 2005 Start:
7:22pm Adjourned 9:26pm
Present: Ken Perregaux, Mike Brodeur, Keith Jackson, Mark
Murray, Michael Merrigan, Mike Poe, Mark Fitzgerald, Jeff Ernst, Tony Adcock,
on 11v11 versus 8v8 for U12 Fall
- A lot of discussion on pluses and minuses and the
quantity of kids playing.
- Mike Brodeur suggests that 8v8 is best for U12 Girls
based on field size and overall ability and strength.
- 8v8 Boys and Girls passed unanimously after motion by
Jeff Ernst and second by Keith Jackson.
- Should we set a criterion and/or define a policy. Noticed
that we have basic guidelines in the rules of the club and it says that
provided that there is space a kid can move up.
Age is first priority
Bubble kids (born in August) are 2nd priority to stay with
Last priority is to bring kids up in order to fill a team
- Memorial School Field town of Upton requested we
fertilize the field in return for use. We agreed and it will be about
- Mark Fitzgerald motioned to do summer and fall
fertilization treatments provided we get usage. Seconded by Mike Brodeur
and passed with a unanimous vote.
- West River needs slit seeding. Mike Poe motioned, Mike
Merrigan seconded and passed with a unanimous vote.
- Miscoe Hill Field was requested for U12 8v8 practices and
coordinators have been solidified and Ken Perregaux will contact and notify
club at next meeting
- Mike Poe raised coaches conduct issue and where to find
Ken suggested making the September meeting the mandatory coaches meeting
of one mandatory meeting it was decided that each age group coordinator have a
meeting with their coaches to ensure they cover coaches conduct
Mike Brodeur will send a copy of coaches conduct and parent letter to
all registered coaches via email
- Mike Brodeur wants to get a Vice President position added
to the club and will bring it up at a future meeting with a possible list
- Mike Brodeur also raised the issue of future fund raising
and how it was very important to get going on this.
- We need preliminary rosters and pass cards by the end of
July for all coaches
Murray motioned to adjourn and Jeff Ernst seconded, meeting adjourned at