Mendon-Upton Youth Soccer
Association (MUYSA) Meeting Minutes
Oct. 5, 2004

 

Meeting Date:October 5, 2004 Start: 7:32pm Adjourned 6:52

Present: Ken Perregaux, Mike Brodeur, Mike Poe, Keith Jackson, Pete Bloznalis, Don Morin, Ed Mullarkey, Dave Rizzo, Mark Murray, Chris Wojtowicz

Agenda / Discussion

1. Approve previous month’s minutes: passed - meeting notes for September not presented
2. Fall Soccer


a. CMYSL Update - This has been a typical fall season. CMYSL is not as organized as MAYS. Be sure coaches are calling the opposing coach prior to the game to ensure games will be played as scheduled.
b. If you are scheduling a make-up game, please contact Mike Brodeur to ensure a referee is scheduled.
c. Don Morin will investigate the possibility of playing in MAYS next fall. First it has to be determined if MAYS has a fall season.

3. Spring Soccer:


a. Need to get started as soon as possible. The registrations have to be printed and out to the players quickly. Rob Walters is no longer responsible for the player data base. Don Morin provided Mike Brodeur the turnover package from Rob. Mike Brodeur will be responsible for printing out the forms and distributing them through either the coaches for the fall players, mailings for the players that did not play in the fall, or distribution through the schools.

Ken Perregaux motioned to have Mike Brodeur contact the age group coordinators to pass out the forms to the players who are playing in the fall season. And that the remaining registrations to mailed out to the remaining players. The motion was seconded by Ed Mullarkey and was unanimously passed.

b. Mike Brodeur will review the Registration Form on the MUYSA website to verify it is the same as the form that is provided to the players.
c. Any tryouts should be conducted the first week in November.
d. Ken Perregaux will review the MUYSA Bi-Laws to determine if they require modification pertaining to Division 1 Teams that are selected are don so for the entire year and not per season.

4. Coaches Education: Mike Poe provided the following report:

a. The “F” coaching course was cancelled for September. The “F” coaching course is rescheduled for October 24th, 8:00am to 5:00pm at Miscoe Hill School. There are currently 3 MUYSA participants and 2 from other towns. A total of 15 are needed to make the course pay for itself. The class can be conducted with less than 15 people, but you have to pay for a minimum of 15 people. The Miscoe Hill school is reserved and has been paid for.
b. Age group coordinators, especially at the younger groups, should encourage the coaches who have not attended the class to go.
c. Mike Poe is still planning to schedule a model practice session this spring. It will be targeted for the mid-March time frame.
d. Mike Brodeur will provide Mike Poe a copy of the 2004 Education Budget so Mike Poe can develop a 2005 Education Budget.
e. Mike Poe committed to populating the MUYSA web site “Coaches Corner” with additional coaching drills and information. Good information can be found at soccerhelp.com.

5. Referee Coordinator: Chris Wojtowicz

a. There will be a Referee Class in the spring. It is offered to 6th grade and above. It may be opened to 5th graders if there is not enough interest in the older grades. It will be planned for a Saturday in March.
b. U7 and U8 coordinators have to contact Chris to let him know when games are cancelled so Chris can cancel the referee.
c. Chris will make a recommendation on a different payment plan at an upcoming meeting. Several suggestions have been made and Chris is evaluating them.
d. The recertification for Referee’s is no longer available in Milford, the recertification course is available in Framingham and Westboro.

6. Field Updates:

a. Grover - Note: Moving forward Ed Mullarkey will not be lining the on Saturday mornings. The coach with the first game on Saturday will be responsible to line the field. The coach with the last game will be responsible to put the flags away. The field is in good shape.
b. Miscoe - Coordinator is Mike Poe. There are two fields at the Miscoe School. Both are in decent shape, but could use work.
c. Hood Field - Coordinator is Dave Adams: The field is in good shape.
d. Kiwanis Field - Coordinator Mark Fitzgerald: The center of Kiwanis Field is 4” lower than the sides. To correct the situation and crown the field, approximately 1000 yds of topsoil are needed. The expected total expense is $12,000.00 to $18,000.00 dollars. There is currently $7,000.00 dollars in the town fund that could be used for this project. There was no extra topsoil from the West River Field project. The work may be scheduled for this spring.
e. West River Field - Coordinator Mark Fitzgerald: The field has been seeded and is growing in fine. The field may be ready for the spring. It will be used as a U10 field.
f. High School - Coordinator Ken Perregaux: Will be used for U6 and U7. We are using the practice soccer field.

Ken Perregaux proposed renting a storage container for the High School Field for storing equipment for the U6 and U7 program. The motion was unanimously approved.

g. Clough School - Coordinator : The new area in the back of the scholl has been walked down. It will only support a U10 size field. MUYSA will request use of Clough Field in the spring.
h. Memorial School - Coordinator : Baseball and softball use the open area in the spring. MUYSA will request to use the outfield area in the fall.

7. Equipment Update: Chris Shimp provided the following report:

a. Game balls are available tonight. First Aid Kits, Ice Packs, Pinneys, or Flags, please make a request to Chris.
b. Please let Chris know if you pass practice balls, i.e. size 4, to a younger team.
c. Another quote was received for practice balls. The balls being tested now were $10.00. A Select Ball with the MUYSA logo will be $20.00. The balls being tested now are prone to air loss. The goal is to have a ball for everyone in the spring.
d. Trophies - some teams are giving out trophies, other teams are not. As a club is should be consistent between age groups and teams. There may be a two reasons for providing trophies, 1. participation, 2. if a team goes on to the MTOC’s etc. In lieu of trophies, a size 1 logo soccer ball could be provided for participation.

Chris Schimp proposed buying trophies for $3.50 for U8’s and above for participation. There was no second motion, the motion was denied.

e. Chris will check into the cost of the size 1 balls.

Mike Campagna proposed to purchase trophies for U6, U7, and U8 and skill balls for U10, U12, and U14 as participation awards. The motion was seconded by Chris Schimp. The motion was denied by the club members present.

f. An update for uniforms at the Soccer Spot was provide by Mark Fitzgerald:

i. The Soccer Spot was informed U8 and U10 need the reversible jerseys.
ii. U12 and U14 need the collared jersey’s or the reversible jersey’s.
iii. U6 and U7 will be provided Tee shirts
iv. A sign will be posted to inform parents when they are at the Soccer Spot.


8. Database Admin Updates - discussion was tabled, Mike Brodeur was traveling.

a. Back-ups
b. Costs going forward
c. Online Registration


9. Website Changes

a. New Web Service: This issue will be investigated further.
b. Some URL’s are bad: we have 4 URL’s two have expired. Two are still in use. Sue Hamilton will renew the expired URL’s


10. Other Items

a. If you have schedule problems, please contact Mike Brodeur.
b. Field maps to other towns are located on the MUYSA.org or MUYSA.com website under fields.




| Home | Club Info | Registration | Policies | Sponsors | Calendar | Faq's |
|  | Schedule | Links | Field Schedule |

Revised: 3/28/2003