Mendon-Upton Youth Soccer
Association (MUYSA) Meeting Minutes
Oct. 7, 2003

 

Present: Don Morin, Ken Perregaux, Jim Housekeeper, Mark Fitzgerald, Rich Mayzel, Bob Kellicker, Mike Poe, Brian Mazar & Chris Schimp.

The Meeting was called to order at 7:30 PM.

Ken Perregaux made a motion to approve the August Minutes as written. Don Morin seconded the motion. The motion carried.

Don Morin, CMYSL Coordinator, encouraged all traveling team coaches to contact the opposing team coach prior to game day to confirm game time, field location and directions etc. There was a general discussion about updated field directions for the website and the suggestion that a bulletin board be used at different field locations to provide assistance to those showing up at wrong field locations.

All age group coordinators were asked for updates. All reported no issues outstanding. There was a request that portable toilets be installed at Miscoe Hill in the spring. Ken P. will request the proper permission from the superintendent’s office.

There was a general discussion on club equipment, more specifically, new balls, first aide kits, ice packs etc. Anyone requiring equipment during the season should contact Chris Schimp, Equipment Coordinator.

There was a general discussion with regards to one (1) referee currently being used for U10 games. Policy for past years has been to use two (2) referees at this age level. Ken P. will contact the Referee Coordinator, Chris Wojtowicz, and encourage the past policy be utilized whenever possible.

Don Morin gave the update for Ed Mullarkey, Grover Field Coordinator, that he is reviewing three (3) bids for the irrigation project at Grover Field. Ed will submit a recommendation to the club for approval. The DPW relocated of the shed. Don Morin made a motion that MUYSA purchase parking signs for the Grover field area at the cost of $215.00. Ken P. seconded the motion. After a general discussion the motion passed unanimously. Don & Ed will work with the DPW on the installation of the signs.

Coaches Education update was table until next meeting.

Don Morin, MAYS Coordinator, noted that the Spring 2004 registration for U10 and above age groups needed to be completed by November 30th, 2003. At that time we need to enter team numbers and divisions. Rosters will follow at a later date.

There was a general discussion about the registration process and how it can be improved upon. It was noted that the role of the Registrar is becoming increasingly more time consuming with the growing enrollment in the program. Discussions that followed focused on the segregation of specific functions of the registrar in order to make the job more manageable for present and future volunteers. Jim Housekeeper made a motion to outsource the registration process and to pay up to a maximum of $2.00 per head per season. Chris Schimp seconded the motion. After a general discussion the motion carried.

Ken Perregaux mentioned the thought of having a U9 program for the Fall of 2004. The issue will be discussed at a later meeting.

Brian Mazar announced that Tina Cleverdon has volunteered to coach a U14 Girls Division 1 team for the spring. Don will check into the logistics with MAYS. There was a general discussion about U14 Girls program for the spring. Ken P. and Jim H. will discuss further at a later time.

Ken Perregaux noted that Sue Hamilton has resigned for answering the telephone hotline. A replacement is needed. Sue would remain as our website maintenance contact. There was discussion about formulating a FAQ (frequently asked questions) page to the website.

By-law updates were tabled until next meeting.

N.E. Revolution ticket package update was tabled until next meeting.

The next MUYSA meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 4th , 2003 at 7:15 PM at the Rose Garden.

The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.

| Home | Club Info | Registration | Policies | Sponsors | Calendar | Faq's |
| Photo Album | Schedule | Links | Field Schedule |

Design & Hosting
provided by:
Quiknet Communications
Mendon, MA

Revised: 3/28/2003