Mendon-Upton Youth Soccer
Association Meeting Minutes

October 1st, 2002

Present: Peter Bloznalis, Mike Campagne, Hank Eaton, Mark Fitzgerald, Joe Flaherty, Jim Housekeeper, Brian Massey, Brian Mazar, Don Morin, Steve Niedzialkoski, Ken Perregaux, Gene Peterman, Dave Rizzo, Chris Schimp, Gordon Scott, Rob Walters.

The meeting was called to order at 7:40 PM.

The Minutes from the September 2, 2002 Meeting were reviewed and approved.

Rob Walters stated that currently there are 735 players enrolled for the fall season. The final registration matters have been updated. There are a few Kids Safe forms outstanding in the U6 program. Rob Walters nominated Hank Eaton for registrar for a three (3) year term. The motion was seconded by Brian Mazar. The motion carried unanimously. All present thanked Rob for his efforts over the past several years.

Spring soccer registration will be available during the first two weekends in December at the basketball program held on Saturdays at Nipmuc High School. Participants may also enroll via the MUYSA web page by down loading the age appropriate registration form at www.muysa.org and mailing it with a check to the specified P.O. box. Spring 2003 registration enrollment deadline is December 20th, 2002.

Don Morin, CMYSL coordinator, updated the club on the fall league status. There was a general discussion about the fall season play in CMYSL. The league is being encouraged by town reps to establish guidelines for divisional play. Don will keep the club informed on the updates.

There was a general discussion about Colonial Field. There have been two quotes obtained for irrigation (~$4,500.) Shea Engineering will be surveying the land for the possibility of off-street parking. Joe Flaherty will contact Mass Electric regarding the supply of electricity to the shed. Joe also stated that there was currently $1,200. in town funds available for the field improvements.

There was a general discussion about Kiwanis Beach field. Mark Fitzgerald stated he is awaiting DEP approval to draw water from Pratt Pond for irrigation purposes. He also mentioned that a shed has been delivered to the field for equipment storage. Mike Brodeur is coordinating the lock situation.

Hood and Memorial (Mendon) have no issues at this time.

Mark Fitzgerald reported that all uniforms have been delivered to the Soccer Spot. He will finalize numbers and place an order for the spring season if needed. Mark will obtain recorded numbers from the Spot so that a uniform number data base can be established.

There was a general discussion about coach’s jackets. Ken Perregaux made a motion that any coach who has either coached the past five consecutive sessions or has coached at least once in each of the last four years be awarded a jacket by MUYSA furthermore, that if any current coach that did not meet the above requirements but still requested a jacket that he/she be charged a fee of $15.00 for a jacket. The motion was seconded by Rob Walters. After a general discussion, the motion carried unanimously. Mark Fitzgerald will order the jackets and distribute accordingly.

There was a general discussion about awards, patches and trophies for the participants in MUYSA. After a general discussion, Don Morin made a motion that all U6 & U7 participants receive a club patch. Mark Fitzgerald seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously. The awards discussion continued for U8 and above participants. Rob Walters made a suggestion that “pins” be given to all participants. Brian Mazar will investigate the cost and report back to the club.

The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 5, 2002, at 7:15 PM at the Rose Garden in Upton.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:55 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Mendon-Upton Youth Soccer Association

Mark Fitzgerald

| Home | Club Info | Registration | Policies | Sponsors | Calendar | Faq's |
| Photo Album | Schedule | Links | Field Schedule |

Design & Hosting
provided by:
Quiknet Communications
Mendon, MA

Revised: 11/17/2002