Mendon-Upton Youth Soccer
Association Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting
November 6, 2001

The meeting was called to order at 7:30 PM.

Ron Atkinson, Peter Bloznalis, Craig Chancellor, Mark Fitzgerald, Joe Flaherty, Bob Gilchrist, Dan Labastie, Jill Lawson, Brian Mazar, Don Morin, Steve Niedzialkoski, Ken Perregaux, Dave Rizzo, Gordon Scott, Bob Smith.

The Minutes from the October 2, 2001 Meeting were read and approved.

Brian Mazar, MUYSA President, announced the registration deadlines for spring soccer as follows: U6 and U8, February 15th, 2002. U10, U12, U14 and U16, December 20th, 2001. Brian noted that on-site registration would be made available during basketball at Nipmuc on December 1st and 8th. Don Morin, Rob Walters and Ron Atkinson volunteered to work the tables. Any further volunteers should speak to Don or Rob for scheduling purposes. Brian will put a notice in the Milford Daily News regarding spring soccer registration sign-ups and deadlines. It was noted that the MAYS (Midland Area Youth Soccer) coordination deadline is in the 2nd or 3rd week in January 2002. There was a general discussion of the U16 team alignment.

Jill Lawson, U6 Coordinator, thought it would be a good idea to survey coaches and parents of the fall U6 program as we had a new skills oriented format. Jill will ask for feedback and report back to the club. After a general discussion it was agreed to continue this program in the spring of 2002 for U6 and the fall of 2002 for U6 & U7. Jill will coordinate the distribution of club patches to all U6 participants. It was agreed that the cost of the patches, at $1.25 each, would be paid for by MUYSA.

Brian Mazar opened the floor to discussion on the status of all other age group programs. Joe Flaherty, U8 Boys Coordinator, reported that the season had been enjoyable with the majority of the games played being very close in score. Don Morin concurred. Bob Gilchrist reported that his son’s team, U8 Boys, was involved in a lopsided scoring game. The matter was discussed openly amongst the group. Joe noted that MUYSA needs to continue to educate its coaches on proper sideline etiquette i.e. no coaching behind the goals and proper positioning on the sidelines. Ken Perregaux mentioned that the refs for the U10 Girls program had done a good job. Mark Fitzgerald concurred. Don Morin and Brian Mazar commented on the continuing issues that come along with playing in the CMYSL (Central Mass Youth Soccer League). Brian thanked Don for his continued efforts in coordinating with CMYSL.

Steve Niedzialkoski, MUYSA Referee Coordinator, reported that a referee class, “Grade 11” (for U8 & U10 Refereeing), would be held in the middle of March 2002. This will be a four (4) hour course. Interested students should be in the 6th grade or above. Steve reported that currently there are about 20 kids interested in attending the class.

Joe Flaherty will coordinate an “F license” coach’s clinic for March of 2002. Jill Lawson will encourage all U6 coaches and assistants to attend. Joe reminded everyone that MUYSA picks up the tab for hiring a MYSA (Mass. Youth Soccer Association) instructor and that we need to have at least fifteen (15) people to attend.

Brian Mazar tabled the Jim Grant summer camp discussion until further notice.

Brian Mazar reported that he was working on obtaining irrigation quotes for colonial field with the Mendon Parks and Recreation Commission. Mark Fitzgerald reported that the Upton Parks and Recreation Commission had signed a contract for the Kiwanis field drainage repairs. Mark stated that the engineering for West River Street field should be completed by December 2001.

Ken Perregaux presented three (3) options for a fall 2002 uniform selection. After a general discussion of costs and age group participation Ken made a motion to have MUYSA approve a new uniform style for the fall 2002 season for the U12, U14 and U16 age groups namely “Admiral Barnsly” style with the color to be determined at a later date. Brian Mazar seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.

Brian Mazar awarded MUYSA jackets to Steve Niedzialkoski for his many years of service as Referee Coordinator and to Rob Walters (not present) for his continued thankless job of Registrar. All those present applauded.

Joe Flaherty announced that a position of Secretary to the Mendon Parks and Recreation Commission would be available immediately. If anyone is interested please contact Joe.

Mark Fitzgerald reported that he had received several telephone calls regarding the process for establishing teams for indoor soccer at the Habitat in Uxbridge. After a general discussion it was agreed to post a notice on MUYSA website providing information for interested parties to contact the Habitat as MUYSA is not involved with the indoor soccer program. Don Morin will coordinate this notice with our Webmaster Hank Eaton.

The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, December 4th, at 7:15 PM at the Rose Garden.

The meeting was adjourned at 9:02 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Mendon-Upton Youth Soccer Association

Mark Fitzgerald


| Home | Club Info | Registration | Policies | Sponsors | Calendar | Faq's |
| Photo Album | Schedule | Links | Field Schedule |

Design & Hosting
provided by:
Quiknet Communications
Mendon, MA

Revised: 1/12/2002