Date/Venue: June 13, 2001 / Rose Garden Restaurant, Upton, MA
Present: Rick Bennett, David Dorenzo, Mark Fitzgerald, Jill Lawson, Brian Mazar, Steve McKaw, Mike Neri, John Patrick, Ken Perregaux, Gene Peterman, Larry Sabean, Gordon Scott, Bill Vitalini, Rob Walters.
- Rick Bennett will serve as the interim MAYS Coordinator until a replacement volunteer is found.
- Don Morin will serve as the CMAYS Coordinator for this coming 2001 fall season.
- Mark Fitzgerald nominated Don Morin for the position of Treasurer. The motion was seconded by Brian Mazar. The remaining members voted unanimously for Don Morin. Don Morin will be the Treasurer for a three (3) year term.
- Rob Walters nominated Sylvia Story for the position of Secretary. Jill Lawson seconded the motion. Brian Mazar nominated Mark Fitzgerald for Secretary. Rick Bennett seconded the motion. The motions were put to the floor for the voting members. Sylvia Story received one (1) vote. Mark Fitzgerald received five (5) votes. Mark Fitzgerald will be the Secretary for a three (3) year term.
- Rob Walters made a presentation to the club on restructuring our player development program at the U6 level for both boys and girls. The basis of this new program would be focused on teaching methods (skills) as opposed to team alignments (games). There was a general discussion about this methodology. Rob Walters proposed that the club consider a new position of Coaching Coordinator in order to ensure the proper implementation of this program and to oversee the volunteer coaches. It was voted unanimously to begin this program in the Fall of 2001. Rob Walters will interview Coaching Coordinator and report back to the club.
- There was a general discussion about meeting on a different evening each month. Brian will check on the availability of establishments and members.
- The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, July 25th, at 7:15 PM at the Rose Garden.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8:50 PM.